If you are among scores of people who suffer from constant fatigue unrelieved by rest and sleep, you may be suffering from chronic stress which is known as adrenal fatigue and exhaustion.
Easy, relaxed lifestyle that our grandparents lived, no longer exists. Our daily schedules are packed with deadlines and we spend major portion of your day running from task to task. Lifestyles have changed, but not our bodies.
No wonder large portion of population is living under constant stress and tiredness. This is taking a toll on our health since our bodies are not accustomed to handling such kind of stress.
The adrenal gland is situated right above your kidneys where they play critical role of secreting more than 50 different types of hormones that are essential for your wellbeing. Some of these hormones include epinephrine (adrenaline), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), cortisol, progesterone and testosterone.
Since adrenal glands produce essential hormones that are vital for you’re staying alive and healthy, it is important that it functions properly. Healthy adrenal gland function is linked to longevity.
But besides all of the above beneficial function, adrenal glands are also “gland of stress” because they produce stress hormone that causes you to stress. There affect on your body is cumulative. During prolonged and intense period of stress they fail after reaching a certain point. When that happens, everything goes out of control. Productions of those 50 essential hormones are disrupted. This stage is also called as “nervous breakdown” which is actually adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue was once used to be rare thing is now a common phenomenon owing to lifestyle changes and lack of relaxation. Lifestyle factors that makes the matter worse includes smoking, poor eating habits, sleep deprivation and excessive caffeine intake.
Here are some simple ways you can help your body naturally recover from adrenal fatigue:
- Take a rest during your work breaks. If it’s possible, take a quick nap in the afternoon.
- Get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Spend time with cheerful friends and stay away from negative people.
- Follow a regular workout regime.
- Look for ways or makes adjustments that help you to minimize stress.
- Eat healthy and eat regular meals.
- Spend little time each day in fun activities such as play video games, watch television, take part in outdoor fun activities etc.
- Avoid junk food.
- Take supplements that provide your body with adrenal support.